Bultaco M-80

myson

You are saying it cost next to nothing to buy, in that case you have bought a bargain, from what I can see its' all there... get the tank seat unit back to original red with silver band and black lining, frame to silver and a set of either original Bultaco mudguards or even a set of modern plastic grey ones (if you are going to compete) and you will have one of the finest Bultaco Sherpas built. It was a good strong motor in the Model 80!

Big John

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it, what a brilliant forum this is, everyone is keen to help. I will keep asking questions and posting photos as I work on it. Had it fired up but its a bit ropey, had to put in a new plug (NGK BP5ES) think this is ok, then had to bump her. Just remembered how hard neutral is to find with engine running. Looks like carb is choked up with 2 stroke oil and petrol mix is heavy on oil. What is good oil and ratio for it?

Cheers Myson

The NGK BP5ES is good, I also use this one. I run 1:40 with either semi synthetic or fully synthetic oil. Semi synthetic I use for the braking in procedure and fully synthetic after that. I use fuel from the pump with ROZ 91 or 95. My Bulto runs fine with it.

bye, Felix

Looks good to me.

Mine was a disaster in March but is now road registered, with 20 miles registering on the Halfords bike speedo.

I am now, at the age of 61 thinking of taking up Trials where I left off on 1973.

Had a cracking 6 months, full of learning, tears and the joy of hearing it start second kick. WOW!!!

Dave and Pete at Bultaco UK were absolutely excellent always finding time to talk me through the queries.

Have fun.

Martin

Edited by Triple_X