Frame Number M-80

myson

Hi, I have scraped all paint off headstock and cannot find a frame number. The heabstck looks like a different material from rest of frame and it didnt have original silver paint(frame has been painted a horrible colour over original) Could frame be more recent than engine, it looks like M-80 and has slimline tank seat unit. Could it have been altered? See link for photos

Cheers

http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz27/myson/

Here is a photo of an m80 frame. Your frame looks to have all the correct parts such as bracket for triangular exhaust tailpiece and lack of indent for swingarm bolts on model 90. The only other frame that I know of that would be similar is the M85 Alpina but the frame number would also be on headstock. The forks & clamps, wheels and side stand location are also M80.

If the frame has been shot blasted before the re-paint the number may have been scoured away.

post-4121-1258154990.jpg

It's normally on the right hand side of the headstock.

Could be that the bike had a NEW replacement frame at some point. They usually came unstamped as far as I recall.

If it's missing completely and no signs of grinding off etc. Then you could of course stamp it to match the engine. Usually Engines started JM and frames JB. or similar.

Wayne.....

Originally when the bikes left the factory engine and frame numbers were the same with different prefix. How does your engine number start?

I do have one bultaco with frame and engine number just 1 digit out. But thats a MK9 Pursang and it most likely happened at the factory.

The frame looks right to me.

Wayne....