Birketts 4rt Test

nigel dabster

Funny you should mention TBM. I have just spent an afternoon with Mike Rapley testing the 4RT for this magazine.

We also took Mike,s trusty 2004 315 with us for comparison.

Some of the comparisons we made on the sections were lets say, intresting.

I will say no more as you will have to read mikes article in TBM (which was going to print today), knowing Mike as I do, I donot think he will duck any issues, and will tell it like it is.

So you may get the un-bias comparison that you are looking for.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a big test many years ago in a magazine that had all the trials bikes of that era... Ossa, Mont, Bultaco etc... can't remember what mag it was now..

Heath, was it a "Which Bike" supplement? With Bernie Schrieber assisting? If so I have the test.

Some may call me anal!

the thing about this is that a test is purely objective anyhoo and is as someone said earlier an opinion of someone else,therefore may not be applicable to your riding ability / style but you can hold a proper test and point out some of the (ahem) not so good parts of a bike , and with good writing and journalistic skills make it sound like constructive critisism rather than an all out attack on the bike , the importers etc and shirley that wouldnt upset too many people ....... now would it :D

I have the answer. Possibly

Sherco 290 05 mine

Beta 250 kinell

280 gasser Perce

Need offers of a 4rt, Munch?

Scorpa?

We have a good day or so in the new year one hour on each bike and do a report on each, sponsored by Trials central, and then the opinions will be biased as we know but overall we can get impressions and if we want the bars adjusted or whatever we can do that maybe?????????????

Venue Swaledale???

See some of the test is here [clicky]

http://www.tmxnews.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx...rticleID=904101

It says on the test, it tends to push out on the front end, my brother rode one and he thought the front end was spot on!!

I say ride the bugger and make your own decisions

Edited by ishy