Keihin Carb On 290

ianj

I do not know if it is bad form or not, but over on Ryan's Forum, they have been speaking a bunch about carbs and set up etc.

Wayne and Ryan are both there have set up a bunch of them.

http://www.rypusa.com/forum/index.cfm?page=forum&forumID=2

Worth a read I would think.

I want to run one across the Dyno, then put the Kehin on and do it again.

Ian when I did mine i got a GasGas 280 pro airbox rubber and put the origanel sherco one inside that and fasten them to the airbox.

Also my throttle cable was to short when I first started it which made the revs stick on at about 1/2 throttle you may need to alter the metal adjusters on top of the carb

Both the rubbers will stretch over the carb, but they might not last very long. I'm using the original rubbers at the moment, I've not even turned the airbox rubber around, it just stretches over the carb (you may need to warm it up first), I leave it fastened on and only undo the other end (i.e. directly on to the airbox) I find it easier that way.

There are a few type's of cable adjusters for the top of the carb if you have got the screw in one replace it with the one out of your delorto carb.

Cheers

Chris

Chris

Is the Kiehin much different to the original carb. Iv got keihin still off old GG but cant get it to fit properly with original sleeve etc. Thought you needed a bigger/ longer rubber to air box. Was going to try it when there was a bit more grip about

jaysee

Yes the Keihin is quite a bit different, it about 4mm shorter and both ends of the carb are of a larger diameter, on the 04 sherco I put a 4mm spacer in the inlet manifold to allow for the shorter carb, the 05 bike has a spacer on the reed cage and pushes the carb back anyway.

Getting the original rubbers on can be a pain, but if you get them quite warm they will just stretch on.

Marlintec did you ever get your Bult 4T project finished?

Cheers

Chris