Sherco 125cc Stator Plate !

chrisb583

Hello,

Does anyone know if you have to remove the radiator on a Sherco 125cc to enable me to get the wiring down from the CDI unit to replace the Stator plate ??? Ive tried everything but this seems my only option ???

Any help would be grateful :)

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,

I have had to replace the stator once and get it repaired once. The wiring is one piece from the connectors under the tank to the stator, However on my sons bike (2005) I didn't have to remove the raidator, the wiring ran inbetween the radiator and frame and then there was a tab on the frame in between the bottom of the radiator and the stator. I just prized the tab back and eased the wiring free. Hope that helps

Cheers

John

It is a lot easier if you lift the radiator out of the mounts as it gives more room without having to totally remove it

Tony ,

Cheers for reply i will give that a try tomorrow.

I take it you remove top bolt then lift the radiator out from the bottom of its mounts?

Thanks Chris :)

I've recently done my 2005 stator and I moved my radiator (held in by 3 rubber mounts...watch the hoses) because I didn't want to rive at the wiring harness by trying to fish it out of the frame (call me a wussy if you want).

Spray some WD40 in the mounts to ease them out/in.

I've recently done my 2005 stator and I moved my radiator (held in by 3 rubber mounts...watch the hoses) because I didn't want to rive at the wiring harness by trying to fish it out of the frame (call me a wussy if you want).

Spray some WD40 in the mounts to ease them out/in.

Ham not wussy mate , im the same =]

I have managed to get old one out today now just got to wait for the new one to arrive then the fun will start , it looks like its going to be harder to put new wiring in than taking old one out !!!! There is no space to play with really even with radiator out of the mounts....

Thanks

From memory it works out easier to leave the stator loose while you sort the wiring out then carefully get the radiator back into the mounts

While you have the cover off the radiator slot the lower holes in the cover so you can pull it off when cleaning the bike or to help unclog it in a muddy event, not sure on whether the black frame bikes run the same cover or not

I realise it's a bit late but watch what you're doing with your hands inside the front of the frame...mine had razor sharp edges on it and my hands really suffered 'till I took a small file to it.

If you do the Tony27 radiator-guard mod' you'll need to find a suitable knurled/winged bolt to replace the top allen bolt or knock up some studding/nut combination....unless you ride around with allen keys on you!