315r Forks

houseape1000

My brother decided to replace the fork seals on his 2001 315r, and seems to be stuck. Does anybody have a rough idea how much it will cost to have them done - seals, oil, etc.

Can anybody recommend a place to have this done....Im thinking Sandifords, but any help appreciated.

Forgot to mention, he's on a tight budget after being made redundant.

I would persevere.It is not difficult.First time can seem tricky but better try and sort it yourself because you will have to do it again sooner or later.Are you stuck at separating the inner slider from the outer?Careful and gentle use of heat has helped me here.Otherwise where is your brother getting stumped?Putting it together?.oil?.I dont have a Mont but I reckon its not different from anything else.There are totorials on youtube by gasgas,loads of help in the Beta section here and some articulate soul will probably see you right here.Seals are about the price of chips.Don't give up!! ps Any bike shop,if you take the fork in will probably split it there and then if you are nice :)

Edited by anyoldiron

Thanks for the speedy response, the problem is that he has managed to split one and when comparing it to the forks in the manual, there seems to be something missing ? .

To be honest, I didn't see him split it, although I think its the damper fork, and can't quite see from the diagrams what should be there, and what shouldn't.

The bike is an absolute minter, he's owned it for about 6 years and used it for about 10 hrs.....light use. By the way, the forks worked before he took them apart, so I'm guesing there isn't anything missing, but like I said, I didn't see him take them apart.

The oil and seals, he's got. The only thing missing is his confidence to rebuild.