No Spark?

buchanan84

Hi

I've got a sherco 290 from about 2002 or 2004 (cant remember which)

its not starting as there's no spark?

i dont know much about bike mechanics or their electrics, more used to working on cars

i managed to figure out theres power coming up the yellow wire and cant find any obvious faults in the wires or connections

any ideas what the most likely cause is or how to test coil etc?

cheers

Unfortunatly, your easiest trick is to ck your wireing and earth points, pull the kill switch, ck the plug lead, then find a mate with a comp bike and switch some parts!

If yours is a late '04, it could even have a Leonelli system with an integrated coil/cdi unit I think, otherwise it is Ducati! :thumbup:

If all else fails, it is likely the stator plate will need fixing by UK Motoplat or something. You can look them up, Steve has some info online!

In Spain!

Are the plastics blue or grey underneath the sticker. Blue would mean 02 & grey is 04, the readings for 04 on are here

http://www.uk-motoplat.com/testing.html or

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/stator-repair.html

I've never seen the readings for the ducati electronica ignition used in the earlier models but also haven't heard of any failing either

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find the problem as its not a complex system with lots of sensors like on the mont

Follow Cope's tips on what to check & you won't go wrong

I had a problem with my stator on my gasser. Steve Hardaker at Motoplat is your man. What ever you do don't bother with West Country windings, they had several goes at doing mine with no success and eventually I got a refund.

cheers for the replies

will be a week or 2 untill i can get back to it (stored in a mates workshop)

i can probably borrow parts of a mates 200cc sherco about the same age, both blue plastic

so guessing the electrics should be the same

also how hard is it to get the stator out?

cheers for the replies

will be a week or 2 untill i can get back to it (stored in a mates workshop)

i can probably borrow parts of a mates 200cc sherco about the same age, both blue plastic

so guessing the electrics should be the same

also how hard is it to get the stator out?

It is a bit of a prosess and you need the proper flywheel puller and some other stuff. Let us know how you get on!