Hello From Northern Calif.

sdm

Hi all .... just thought I would drop in. I have been riding for along while and have always been interested in trials but have never participated. After going to an AHRMA event near here I don't know why I stayed away so long. Anyhow I have found a bike and am in the process of making it workable to practice and compete on next season so I am looking forward to that. Most of my riding experience has been enduros and trails with a little mx along time ago.

Thanks

Sam

Hi all .... just thought I would drop in. I have been riding for along while and have always been interested in trials but have never participated. After going to an AHRMA event near here I don't know why I stayed away so long. Anyhow I have found a bike and am in the process of making it workable to practice and compete on next season so I am looking forward to that. Most of my riding experience has been enduros and trails with a little mx along time ago.

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam!

Welcome to the forum. You might want to think about hooking up with the Sacramento PITS people in NorCal, they cover a large area and you should be able to ride a variety of events there. Whatever you do, don't miss the Geritol Trial in October. I lived in San Jose since the early 60's and started riding Trials in 1971 there. Glad to have you on board.

Cheers.

Jon

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome. I live in Cedarville up in Modoc County. We have alot of good riding for either the desert or the Warner Mts on the Modoc NF but not much in the way of organized events. I have looked at the Sacto Pits web site and would like to engage but it is quite far from me. I may just have to contact them and get involved. I did however check at the AHRMA event that was held at the Bushey ranch in Nov. and that got me hooked. My wife wants to ride also....

Too cold to ride right now so I am doing some maintenance on the old Bul..

Thanks

Sam

Hey sdm welcome to the site. How are you coming with that new bike dude? You will like this site especially the Bultacos section. Lots of good info on here too. Yes, you know me as buls4evr Sam. Since the Bul is gone I have the new username. How about some pix of that new bike as it developes?

Hey KTT the Bul is coming along just fine. I have to do the fork seals and look for the brackets that hold the airbox to the frame but it runs real well. A bit banged up and not very pretty but I don't care about that right now anyhow. Good to hear from you. I will try to post a pic of a before pic over in the Bultaco section.

Sam

Wow...just looked up Cedarville CA on my atlas....Way up and out there. Bet it is beautiful though. See what you mean about Orygun being the place you look at to compete though. Any modern trials assns. up in Orygun that you can run with?

Not that I have seen but I haven't looked that hard yet. Yes we have some nice country here but it is kinda remote. Kind of a trade off and not typical for what alot of folks picture as being Calif. Probably one of the best kept secrets in Calif. Lots of public land for potential riding on either USFS or BLM.