Little End Noise?

marky g

2002 TXT 250, very good condition, recently bought and quite engine at the time of purchase.

First trial and the bike developed what sounded like a 'little end rattle' from the top end after a good thrashing over the fields between sections.

Replaced the little end this weekend but the noise is still there, bore looked good with no lip or visible marks, Piston looked good with no blowback from the rings.........I'm a bit stuck now.

The bikes a minter, I doubt it's done much work at all.......which pretty much rules out piston slap I guess.......any ideas guys?

I've had two gasser that did this quite a bit when run hot. The little end sound is actually fuel pre-ignition or so I'm told. Try checking your mixture and jetting is right. Interestingly the first gasser I had that did this was also treated to a little end and it made no difference rejetting and setting up did it though.

Pin looked good so I didn't change it Adam.

Never thought it could have been pre-ignition there Bigfoot, might be the cause to be fair.......it was sweet untill half way round the trial.

I'll check out the ignition timing and jetting....any online info on these??

Cheers guys