To All Lucky Owners Of The M4rt

billyt

I am sure the M4RT makes all the power I need, but it's just something about those Mitani exhaust systems that I like. If I had the money, I'd own the fat header pipe and the big can with a carbon fibre gaurd, for no real good reason. They are just cool. Yes, and then try to bash it. :)

Edited by JayLael

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the Mont for a few weeks time and had a chance to get used to the bike and the "High" program it came with. (This is one of the programs which came on the disc) Last friday I had a bit of idle time to load the "RTL 250F" disc onto my pc and figure out the hookups etc to change my computer map. A friend e mailed me a handful of assorted programs to try and none of them has an explanation as to what they do. Rumours among my trials riding friends have indicated one of our local hot shoe trials guys really likes the "Laia Sanz" program, and I was able to find that one among the list of programs which were e mailed to me, so I tried it. I honestly did not imagine that it would make that much difference, but to my amazement it is just phenominal! The thing runs even better! Talk about a sweet running motorcycle. I am very impressed! My hat's off to Laia and Jesus or whomever wrote this map for the M4RT. It works truly amazing! I honesly don't miss my two stroke. (Cota 315R) :D

Please send me your e mail address, and it's yours. I have been told that it's ok, so no problem. I rode the bike more tonight and it is a bit ferocious at times. I'm going to give myself more time to adjust, but I actually got myself in trouble with all the power a few times. Laia is obviously one heck of alot better rider than I'll ever be. (duh) I found out tonight that some of the programs I have are for 280cc works bikes and they don't work at all well with the stock engine. He said they have been custom writing a program which he will e mail me soon. They start with the Laia Sanz one and then make subtle changes to the ignition timing curve and actually give it less fuel, at almost all the points on the map except Idle which is left at +5%. This reduces the decelleration when the throttle is closed. I tried to post the Laia-E2P file, but of course that won't work, since it's not a jpg or GIF file. Jay

Edited by JayLael

• 3 weeks later...

I've had quite a bit of time to field test the Laia Sanz throttle map and have concluded it's way to snappy for someone of my dwindling skill and relexes. It's a bloody handfull in the wet slippery rocks and mud. It sure is good for stadium type riding which let's face it, most of us never do. I had a chance to ride Dennis Sweetens bike last night in the muddy going and it is absolutely brilliant! Nice smooth controllable power and excellent grip. As soon as possible I will be using this program on my bike. It was custom written for Dennis by Jordi, who is one of the top techs at Team Montesa/Honda. Man I can see why. So anyone who is using the Laia Sanz program have anything to say? It rips don't it!

Since loading the Dennis Map on my bike, other than a bit of cold bloodedness 'til warmed up, it is flawless! Turns the Mont. into a 1963 Tiger Cub! <_< Now I think I can ride this thing.

Edited by JayLael