To All Lucky Owners Of The M4rt

billyt

Can one of the lucky few who have a M4RT describe what changes you or your dealer have made to the bike with respect to the restrictors.

I beleive there are three?

Are all three being removed?

Any pictures or diagrams would be appreciated.

And may I wish all of you a great xmas and a happy nerday........

BillyT :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,............I know that there are four ( with the end cap on the muffler ). But my dealer did this......and in this moment I can describe three.....first = between cylinder and exhaust pipe, second = between exhaust pipe and silencer, third = the end cap on the silencer. The fourth is a rond flat washer, about 40mm .........I think this is in the area between aircleaner to cylinder........know in this moment not realy the exact place.....sorry :D

Hope that this is the answer on your question......... :ph34r:

Tom

Edited by ziro

Im leaving the restictors in the front pipe and the spark arrestor in tail pipe thats what ive been told is best from a pretty reliable source just take out the 40mm washer between cylinder and injection block and the one between front pipe and silncer. Haven't ridden mine much yet but so far im well impressed! well done Mr Honda. :wall:

Edited by Shadwell

:wall: Billy - How the hell are you going to programme the new 4T, when you couldn't figure out how long it would take you to drive to Vancouver from Calgary ? - ( Just kidding) - All the best for the Holiday Season, we will be out riding in Kelowna on Boxing Day - VERY MILD & NO SNOW.

Just going on what the Importer told me about lights restrictors and such.

But I just got a 05 Sherco 2.5, the 2.5 not being common in the US most opting for the 2.9.

I got the Euro version, came with a different header pipe with a restrictor in, horn, full set of lights and turn signals, number plate holder, speedo, spare correct header pipe, lump of alloy in the carb slide to restrict opening more than one third, spare set of jets, the ones in it wer again for Euro emissions.

I didn't start the bike until everything was changed but I would think about twenty pounds of junk was taken off a bike that had been shipped across the Atlantic.

See how much it costs to ship twenty plus pounds then times that by how many machines are shipped.

The bikes when they come to the US have a sticker on the tank (for off road use only) if the importer can use this fact to reduce the weight of the bike, and reduce the cost of the parts put on the bike before it is shipped.

Makes a lot of sense to do this before they are shipped.

The dealer in Calgary & importer here in Canada are aware of the restrictors.

I agree about the lights and mirrors not being there.

I think the bikes will have restictors in them. Honda has to much property in the USA & Canada not to limit the bikes.

I guess time will tell?

BillyT

Edited by BillyT