Ty175 Foot Pegs And Fork Questions

alan_nc

Group,

Could someone tell me if these are the stock TY175 foot pegs. If they are altered do you have any idea how much they have been changed?

The fork tubes are sticking about 1/2" above the clamps. Is that a fairly common riding position for a TY175?

O.K.: Another question: It has a 525 prefix on the serial number. I find that to be a 75/76. Will the serial number tell me any more or get me closer to the exact year? Where can I find this information?

ty175fp.jpg

Thanks

Alan

Edited by Alan_nc

They certainly look like the stock pegs to me. If not, they're doing a darn good impression of the stockers on my TY175.

It is common for TY175 riders to drop the stock forks 18-20mm in the clamps. The bike turns significantly better that way with a minimal effect on ground clearance.

Thanks Guys,

So it appears that my new winter project is a 1976 TY175 C with what is probably a TY80 gas tank. Seems to run fine - rode three or four "very simple" sections this afternoon.

Unlike Tony.....mine will end up a "rider" not a really pretty show piece. (do like the elephant Tony).

ty175rr.jpg

ty175_fl.jpg

Thanks again,

Alan

Hi Alan! hope you enjoy the 175 as much as I do! I have bought a 250 recently and will soon have the same comparisons to do.

I agree with Feetupfun on the pegs(stock location, not stock pegs) I am interested in where you place the new relocated ones if you do as I will be doing the same this winter. My concern is that i am only 5'6" 165# and when the traction is good the front becomes very light already and most say to move them back and down.

Enjoy!