Heavier Spring For 2003 Sherco 2.9

smithpa68

Hi. I am searching for a heavier spring for the shock on my 2003 Sherco 2.9. I have contacted the USA Sherco importer but had no luck. So, I am now scouring the internet and hoping for some luck in cyberspace. Any leads would be very much appreciated. I love riding this bike around but i am 230lbs so the stock springs are just not enough.

Thanks

Scott Smith

Hi. I am searching for a heavier spring for the shock on my 2003 Sherco 2.9. I have contacted the USA Sherco importer but had no luck. So, I am now scouring the internet and hoping for some luck in cyberspace. Any leads would be very much appreciated. I love riding this bike around but i am 230lbs so the stock springs are just not enough.

Thanks

Scott Smith

Might try Lewisport, Adrian may know of a supplier.

Kind of recall someone over here having some springs made for the Beta or something. Might be worth posting the question on the Beta threads as well, of spring suppliers that is.

:D

Might try Lewisport, Adrian may know of a supplier.

Kind of recall someone over here having some springs made for the Beta or something. Might be worth posting the question on the Beta threads as well, of spring suppliers that is.

:D

TC member Firstgear makes them for the Beta's. I have one on my bike and made a big difference.

I'm not positive but I believe the 07 Shercos shortened their swingarm and stiffened the spring. I believe the spring was a red one.

Thanks for the tips.

Already talking to Adrian. He has those sweet TRP shocks, but I can't justify putting a shock that cost that much on a bike worth only about $1500.

I will try to look up Top Fun. Their website looks geared toward Motocross now.

I dropped Firstgear a note too. Thanks for the help.

Works Performance actually lists a shock for the older bikes that is more cost effective. I have no Idea just how well they work, as feedback has been poor to nil! I think they have a heavy spring option as well, yet I have no idea if it would fit your shock body, as the spring diameters and lengths may vary, as they do with the newer shocks.

Seems the older shocks were not adjustable, probably undersprung and overdamped for trick riders!