Neoprene Gloves

monty-python

Hi all, i am contemplating treating myself to a pair of xc-ting neoprene gloves for christmas, cos i am fed up with soggy gloves on cold wet days.

I was wondering if any of you have tried them, and, in particular whether the extra thickness (i presume) of the material causes much less feel at the bars/levers.

I also presume (Doing a lot of presuming here!!) that they will be a bit more protective against gorse bushes and the like.

Any feedback appreciated. :D

Edited by monty-python

My sweet wife purchased me a pair of these for christmas last year and they are great! I've used them in loads of trials events and vintage motocross too and they still don't have any holes in them which is amazing. I have not noticed any limited movement or excess heat or sweat etc. I even raced in the summer with them on and they were fine. Attached is a photo of me racing the fall classic event at Chehalis washington on the Hodaka Combat Wombat. Note the EX-Ting neoprene trials gloves. Jay

post-2-1103369120.jpg

I haven't used the xc-ting gloves in particular, but have had numerous other brands of neoprene gloves. All the ones I'v had are only have the neoprene on the backs. The palm of the glove is a synthetic leather material, so the feel is basically the same on the bars and controls, with perhaps a little extra stiffness due to the heavier backs (neoprene portion).

These gloves are AWESOME. I even use them Ice racing on all but the coldest days. The big thing is they cut the wind and insulate even when wet, keeping your hands nice and toasty.

I can't imagine having the neoprene on the palms though, as I like to have feel and this would be too insulated for my liking I'm sure. Are you sure these xc-ting ones are neoprene palmed?

I'm currently using an old pair of AXO ones, but have used Hebo and Fox ones in the past. All are excellent.

You can't really see them, but I'm wearing them in this picture. With the deflectors on the bars they're warm enough for comfort even in these conditions.

Ice_bike.jpg

Edited by JTT

Guest gasgastxtpro

Ive got no idea about the neoprene gloves.

All i know is im sick of riding round and fiving in rivers :D and having soaking freezing hands! My gloves are hebo gloves not sure which but there pretty thin,

You can see them in this picture, is it worth paying for these neoprenes?

:ph34r: YD Richard Longstaff GD :o

post-2-1103380241.jpg

Guest gasgastxtpro

Yes, but if you are wearing them and they are fully submerged in water, will it soak in?

If so then its what i need, and also i have read that they have the same feel as standard gloves, although there will be some disadvantage over my hebo gloves surely? :o:D:ph34r:

Edited by gasgastxtpro

thanks for the replies guys. Some good pictures as well.

i also have a pair of the hebo gloves pictured, and find them thin, especially on the backs when riding near gorse bushes (spikey). They do offer good feel though, and have lasted well (two years so far - no rips/ tears).

i hope they offer a bit more protection than the hebos

I will order a pair on Monday and let you know how i get on. Cheers!

I've got a pair the same as Jay is wearing in the photo.

Your hands still get wet but they just seem to feel warm for some reason.

In fact, the only time my hands have been cold wearing these gloves was in Scotland riding down the road in the cold and wet. So, I swapped them for a pair of dry Hebo's - 5 minutes later and I put the neoprene gloves back on. Much better :D

I've got a pair the same as Jay is wearing in the photo.

Your hands still get wet but they just seem to feel warm for some reason.

can only presume the theory is the same as with a wet suit....

(i may be cornish, but im no surfer!! fun with no engine??? impossible!! :wall: well, except......!)

the neoprene doesnt let the water through, but it will come in through joints, vents etc, the water is then trapped, sandwiched between your skin and the neoprene. you body heats this water, and thats what stays warm.

being new to trials i can only comment that i use gull neoprane gloves for jet skiing, playing paintball and riding motor bikes i have found them to be warm comfortable and hard wearing. they also come in a variety of guises ie fingered, fingerless, three fingered etc etc etc. hope some help :wall: .