03 Scorpa - Good Buy? Any Problems?

hoggyf

hi thansk for the help have u ever had to do anything to the egine i.e piston changes big ends ? how often do u clen change the air filter ? i do mine every ride on the mx bike !

cheers liam

I tend to do the same with the trials bike as the mx.Clean the air filter after every trial,gear and primary oil after 3 trials max,clean and dry the drums,oil cables etc regularly through the season.

Major engine parts will last a bit longer than the mx bike as they don't get the same amount of abuse.

Edited by davieboy

I clean and oil the air filter every trial in the summer, a little less in the winter when there's no dust. I have had a number of Beta and Gas Gas trials bikes inthe past and I used to clean the carb every two or three trials, the Scorpa seems to keep it's carb much cleaner, so I only take thaty off a couple of times a year.

The gear box oil is changed after about ten events unless they are road trials when I always put new gear oil in beofre each one. Never got the full 700mls in though. The best I've managed is 450mls for some reason.

Pete