03 Scorpa - Good Buy? Any Problems?

hoggyf

I think the Surgeon had an 03, I did abit of an overhaul on it couple of years ago and was very impressed how well they are put together. Carb is bit tricky but doesnt seem to get dirty to much so shouldnt need much regular cleaning. Could'nt fault it for build quality and pretty sure Dan never had any probs with it.

Thanks for that, good to know they're well put together.

I'm wondering if by anychance it will go in the back of my estate with wheels off and bars turned down, any ideal how high a trilas bike is from sump to top yoke??

cheers

Really depends on what it's done and how well maintained .If it still rides well and looks ok it would be worth having,but if it needs anything major Iwouldn't bother.Spending big money on old bikes is an easy trap to fall into,often cheaper in the end to get something better

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Liam,how are you? I scramble with the classic club as well as ride trials on an old Sherpa.I had a Husky twinshock but have a 410 Stormer for next year.

Do you still have the Maico?

The Scorpa sounds like a good buy,check the usual chain +sprockets,tyres,bearings etc.The Yamaha motors in them are pretty reliable,a good starter bike for trials.Any advice you need on starting trials etc just give me a pm.Is Richard going to try some more on the Fantic as well?

Davie.

hi there yes i still have the maico . sadly last year all the enduro dayes clashed with the classics so just had to make the descision . thanks for the advice hopefully if u manage to get one will be able to try a trial a tril as long as they dont clash . richard is hoping to try some next year as his wrist is getting better

cheers for your help liam

I've had my 05 from new and (as a very average over 40 club rider) it does everything I want it to do and reliably. That said I've looked after it.

The centre box split and I had it welded up, the rear wheel bearings go about once a year (20-30 trials) and I've never been able to seal the rim tape, so the back tyre goes flat in about seven days. Other than those little things it's been great.

Pete