Bsa Barracuda Rebuild

bantamluke

Hi all, My bantams well on its way to being finished so though I would get myself another project. A BSA Barracuda 250cc.

Im going to strip it down and convert it to yet another trials bike as I am planning on competing in a few trials :-)

Question - Can I use My spare Bantam hubs and fit them to the bike and if they can will the braking be efficent enough to pass an MOT as I wil take it to local shows??

I Understand this is a popular modification???

With an 18'' wheel on the back and 21'' on the front what is the maximum tyre width I can fit on the rear without modifying the swinging arm.

Can the swinging arm be modified easily or is there a replacment that I can fit??

As you can tell I am a novice when it comes to the 250 BSA's so excuse my stupid questions :-(

Thanks in Advance

Luke

not sure about swing arm width.best to put any wheel with trials tyre blown up in to try out.i seem to remember the barracuder engine is high compression so piston will need some alloy from top taking of or other b25 piston put in.poss also cam shaft not so wild.i wonder if c15 engine parts may do trick.