Long Range Tank

skyline

Hi all. Maybe i have completely lost it but what i would like to do is some fairly long runs on the Beta rev3 270 i have just purchased. I have located a suitable seat but they are in USA so postage to pay, but want to put a storage tank maybe onto front yokes & maybe hold say up to a gallon of fuel. I have done a lot of trail riding on my xr250 & KDX220 which are now parted with. A lot of the trails we did were up some pretty nasty inclines & down. I always said to the gang i rode with we were on the wrong type of bikes. So i,m going to do some of the runs on the beta. But more comfortably than sitting on the mudguard & adding fuel capacity. My question is:: Has anyone out there had a go at this & if so any input would be great. Many thanks to all.. Merry Christmas & a happy new year.

Steve. LEEDS

Is it from the uk or elsewhere.

It's from Beta so should be available through all Beta dealers? Give Lampkins a bell?

If you're on a budget go for option 2 of my original post? To improvise and adapt is always easier on the wallet :wacko:

GJ :rolleyes:

Hi all. Maybe i have completely lost it but what i would like to do is some fairly long runs on the Beta rev3 270 i have just purchased. I have located a suitable seat but they are in USA so postage to pay, but want to put a storage tank maybe onto front yokes & maybe hold say up to a gallon of fuel. I have done a lot of trail riding on my xr250 & KDX220 which are now parted with. A lot of the trails we did were up some pretty nasty inclines & down. I always said to the gang i rode with we were on the wrong type of bikes. So i,m going to do some of the runs on the beta. But more comfortably than sitting on the mudguard & adding fuel capacity. My question is:: Has anyone out there had a go at this & if so any input would be great. Many thanks to all.. Merry Christmas & a happy new year.

Steve. LEEDS

I've had the beta long range tank/seat combo for over a year. The upper tank gives me an additional 3-4 hrs (4l) and the bottom tank gives me 2-3 hrs(3l) so 5-7 hrs of riding depending on how much I crank my right wrist.

The seat is low but it is pretty comfy and a good place to rest on the more open tracks. I'm short 5'8" with a 28-29" inseam.

You have to remove the tank to service the air cleaner (5 extra minutes) and takes me about 30 minutes to remove the tank completely as there is some messing around with the fuel line and rear mudguard. The bolts/screws on the side bother me a bit as I like to grip the bike with my legs, probably not something you are supposed to do with a trials bike but it's a habit I have from my big bike.

Since I use the beta for a trail bike and not a trials bike it is a perfect solution for me.

Thats great to hear someone has got one fitted. Definately what i,m looking for. How much does this set up cost. Cheers. Steve

I purchased it over a year ago and think it was 500-600 $CDN. I can't really remember the exact cost but it's not cheap. The UK is closer to Italy than Canada so the I imagine shipping costs are lower. Do you have free trade in the European community?

I purchased it over a year ago and think it was 500-600 $CDN. I can't really remember the exact cost but it's not cheap. The UK is closer to Italy than Canada so the I imagine shipping costs are lower. Do you have free trade in the European community?

Not sure what free trade means but seems most things go here in the UK

By free trade I mean no tariffs/duty on imports into the UK for products manufactured in the european community (like Italy).

We have it in North America so anything built in the USA or Mexico can come into Canada without extra tariffs but products produced else where in the world may be subject to tariffs(at least that is how I understand it).

By free trade I mean no tariffs/duty on imports into the UK for products manufactured in the european community (like Italy).

We have it in North America so anything built in the USA or Mexico can come into Canada without extra tariffs but products produced else where in the world may be subject to tariffs(at least that is how I understand it).

Sorry, I understand now. As far as i know anything brought into the uk from another country has import duties & VAT added.

• 3 weeks later...