colly

which 02 bike is best, on lightness and reliabiliy  

30 members have voted

1. 1. which 02 bike is best, on lightness and reliabiliy

• 02 pro
    • 02 txt
    • 02 sherco
    • 02 rev 3

i want a bike for around 1500 i want a reliable and also light bike. i like the gg pros but i heard that the gearbox's are s*it. also i like the sherco but ive heard to many things about the main bearings, also i think the normal txt will be good but maybe a bit to heavy. does any body no the weight of these bikes? thanks. :wall:

Think you can find the weight on the net if you do a bit of searching. The Beta, according to the manual is 75.5kg (unfueled but ready to operate)

Personally I'm very biased 'cause I love Betas..but I would personally put more emphasis on realiability than weight. There aint nothing more frustrating than getting all geared up for a good ride on the bike, only to end up spending the day with a load of spanners in yer hand! :wall:

GasGas TXT too heavy? Come off it, not unless you're looking at the World Rounds, or at least the British. I sort of wish I'd bought a TXT instead of the Pro, would have saved me a fortune (like the Sherco has)

My vote would be GasGas TXT, but what about a Mont, solid as a rock. Also agree with Beta.

What about waiting a bit, finding another

Trials riding is 95% about the rider, perhaps you're looking at it the wrong way, a bike will only do what you make it do, you have the controls in your hand.

I fully agree with this.

I started my "carreer" in trials with Helkama AX, you see a pic of one here:

Helkama AX 50cc

It was awfull... for trials. (77kgs/2.5 kW by the way) But I couldn't get grip on anything else, and these were also road legal bikes. This bike taught lots of things to me and I'm pretty gracefull for it! It's still in my garage!

At some point I put in a big bore 75cc kit and that was crazy moped then!

End of very offtopic...

Colly...

Looking for an 02 bike, you want reliability and smoothness (if youre fairly new to trials).

I ride the North East Centre regularly on Easy Route, and I'm average(ish !). I've got to say, on easy route I've yet to have to 'hop' the bike anywhere. Good basic technique, balance and thinking will get you good results in any North East Centre 'Easy' route.

Finish well up in easy, move to Clubman, then start hopping !!

As for the Bikes, what about a Scorpa? The 02 has the bulletproof engine (it will be a 3 year old bike), and it's smooth as silk.

I might be biased, I ride a Scorpa, but the little 125.....!

Your in (North East) Sport

John.