Bloody Brakes!

simmsy

]Help!!

I lost my rear brake today, piston got stuck open. So took it apart and freed it off. But now I have the dreaded bleeding problem.

I do not have any fluid being sucked in to the master cylinder there is just air coming out of the bleed nipple.

I tried to do the syringe thing and tried to force fluid through the system by Disconnecting the rear brake reservoir pipe which goes to the master cylinder and conecting the syringe buy I can not push the fluid into the master cylinder, I can not get the fluid to flow from reservoir through the master cylinder and out of bleed nipple.

Please help.

Happy New Year.

Edited by simmsy

Gday, make sure the bleeder screw isn't blocked by rubbish/corrosion as well. Good luck, my Techno was an absolute pain to bleed the rear, I had to remove the entire system off the bike to get the angles correct to get the air out. Be patient!

Cheers,

Stork

Gday, make sure the bleeder screw isn't blocked by rubbish/corrosion as well. Good luck, my Techno was an absolute pain to bleed the rear, I had to remove the entire system off the bike to get the angles correct to get the air out. Be patient!

Cheers,

Stork

Stork.

I dont seem to be pulling any brake fluid into the master cylinder, is this right? I can not force fluid in it seems totally locked up. I thought that when you removed the m/c rod that the circuit would be open and that the fluid should be easily pushed through with a syringe, I can not get fluid into the system.

you need to use a seringe from the caliper and push fluid the other way, then bleed as normal, also adjust your pedal so that its has free play or you will nor be able to push fluid past

Hi Redbull.

I have removed the m/c rod but still can not get fluid into the system either way. I can not create an open system. any sugestions?

If you can push fluid through the hose with the banjo at the m/cyl loose from the caliper that will tell you everything is OK from the caliper to the m/cyl. If not work out why. If the fluid wont then pass through the m/cyl and the pushrod is out, it most likely means you have a blocked transfer port in the m/cyl. Keep in mind that the hole fluid is passing through is very small, so there wont be a major gushing forth of fluid when you try this. You will need to remove it and very carefully prise the inlet hose fitting out of the m/cyl and look inside. There will be 2 holes, one larger and one smaller. Remove the m/cyl piston as well so you dont damage anything here. The smaller hole is the transfer port and this must be clear for the thing to work at all. Clear it with some fine wire or similar very carefully and then wash the cylinder and piston out in hot water. Dry it completely (with compressed air if you have it) ,lube the piston and inlet fitting with brake fluid and refit them very carefully. Make sure the piston comes back to the circlip fully. Refit the m/cyl and try backbleeding again.

Cheers,

Stork

If you can push fluid through the hose with the banjo at the m/cyl loose from the caliper that will tell you everything is OK from the caliper to the m/cyl. If not work out why. If the fluid wont then pass through the m/cyl and the pushrod is out, it most likely means you have a blocked transfer port in the m/cyl. Keep in mind that the hole fluid is passing through is very small, so there wont be a major gushing forth of fluid when you try this. You will need to remove it and very carefully prise the inlet hose fitting out of the m/cyl and look inside. There will be 2 holes, one larger and one smaller. Remove the m/cyl piston as well so you dont damage anything here. The smaller hole is the transfer port and this must be clear for the thing to work at all. Clear it with some fine wire or similar very carefully and then wash the cylinder and piston out in hot water. Dry it completely (with compressed air if you have it) ,lube the piston and inlet fitting with brake fluid and refit them very carefully. Make sure the piston comes back to the circlip fully. Refit the m/cyl and try backbleeding again.

Cheers,

Stork

Thanks Stork, I will be giving this a go in the morning. Happy New Year To You (Blwyddyn Newydd Dda)