08 250

colly

You can try jetting richer. Go up one size on the pilot jet, then try it. Or, lower the clip on the needle 1 place to raise the needle. These adjustments will richen the lower to mid range mixture. The bike may not run as crisp but may have more grunt. Only do one change at a time so you can see what works for you. Don't bother with the main jet, thats only for 3/4 to full throttle. You can run the bike with no main jet at all if you don't open the throttle past 1/2 open. Good luck.

07beta

You have to be a little more specific as to "more power". More low end grunt? More explosive hit? Faster revving engine? Probably the best thing you can do is make sure the bike is jetted properly and that the carb hasn't got any dirt or water blocking any of the jet circuits. Keihins are extremely sensitive to water in the pilot circuit. You might also see if you got the white "fast" throttle tube as opposed to the black "slow" throttle. Makes a big difference, sometimes too big.

Most modifications come at a cost somewhere else in the power range.

For example;

S3 short pipe = higher revs + more power at the top end but sacrifice grunt.

High compression head = more "snap and generally more power throughout the range but must use high octane fuel and will run rougher at low RPM i.e. the 270 pop.

Ignition advance = Same as high compression head + increased risk for overheating.

Carbon fiber reeds = more low end grunt, minimal effect on top end.

Flywheel reduction/removal = faster building revs but easier to lose traction in slippery terrain. Bike is jumpier and harder to control. More fatiguing. '08 250 probably has primary side flywheel. Not sure if it can be removed without replacing primary side gear set. Might find someone with a 270 who finds they want the flywheel to swap primary drive.

But tell us what you want and maybe we can help.

Yeah the reeds will help. I have V-Force and I love how I can pull a gear higher on climbs and still snap the throttle and it jumps. Ignition advance will also add a bit more snap. This is where proper jetting is also critical. The Keihin tends to be very sensitive to weather so it may also take a bit of fiddlin with the mixture screw from day to day.

I'd say jetting first then reeds. Ride it for a while to see if it really helps or just feels perkier but gets you in more trouble.