Re-chroming Stanchions

andrewb

Another route is to use some stanchions of something else, I used some Honda VT125 stanchions from a breakers, they are 35mm diameter but need a couple of inches cutting off and the bottom end boring out for a couple of inches and a circlip groove machining in. They cost me

Thanks for the replies fellas.

IKB, Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to keep the bike as original as possible and the only fault with the stanchions is the pitting so I think it will be a re-chrome.

Fivemeister. I used Calladines' about 20 years ago for some polishing. I must admit I didn't know they re-chromed forks. Well worth a call.

Thanks

Andrew

Fivemeister. I used Calladines' about 20 years ago for some polishing. I must admit I didn't know they re-chromed forks. Well worth a call.

Yep, think this was the main business at one time - they just did my Fantic 240 stantions. There's a really good welder at Bilsthorpe as well - can do almost anything (WELLSPEK)

recommendation at Suzuki beamish club - http://www.beamishownersclub.com/_sgg/m8_1.htm

Edited by Fivemeister