4rt

the addict

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ain't they clever Gizza :lol::lol:

Too clever mate ;) glad you got it sorted and it only cost you a bit of ''Araldite''

Now before all you SherBetGasScorMen saying sticking crikey sticking a 4RT together with Araldite ''Gerty'' is over 3 years old and that I beleive is the first serious repair.......if you can call a bit of glueing serious :D Quality ????

Too clever mate :D glad you got it sorted and it only cost you a bit of ''Araldite''

Now before all you SherBetGasScorMen saying sticking crikey sticking a 4RT together with Araldite ''Gerty'' is over 3 years old and that I beleive is the first serious repair.......if you can call a bit of glueing serious :lol: Quality ????

This is actually the very first thing that has ever gone wrong with Gert since I've owned her. Expect shes done 2000 hours ish of riding, Scott Trial and SSDT and this is the first problem, although saying that it was probably a stick that did the damage yesterday bending the fan out of true and stopping it from turning. The clever bit seems to be that, instead of boiling her up, Gerts shut herself down as soon as the fan should have cut in. Fidly fix, but alls well now for another few years. :lol:

This is actually the very first thing that has ever gone wrong with Gert since I've owned her. Expect shes done 2000 hours ish of riding, Scott Trial and SSDT and this is the first problem, although saying that it was probably a stick that did the damage yesterday bending the fan out of true and stopping it from turning. The clever bit seems to be that, instead of boiling her up, Gerts shut herself down as soon as the fan should have cut in. Fidly fix, but alls well now for another few years. :lol:

Shhhhh! Sales might go up :lol:

No not an advert, had my first 4rt bike problem yesterday at the Vic when it kept cutting out for no reason? got back to the van though thank fully. Had a look today as my first thought was a blown plug. Changed it along with fresh fuel and air filter and as usual she fired up first kick, let it run untill the fan kicks in but it died again after about 5-6 mins. Realised it died because the fan was stuck, looks like the bike shuts itself down(hopefully) instead of mashing the fan or boiling the motor. Rang Gizza earlier to ask if his fan span freely as mine was'nt so just posted this as we thought it was quite clever.

Bike all sorted now though and running as normal, but re-aligning the fan was a little fiddly as the rad had to come out, pretty sure it took a knock from a stick/branch when I layed it down to walk a section

Edited by The Addict