Coolant Cap Removal

disting

hi there everyone.

does anybody have an easyway of removing the coolant cap on a beta? (125's 05+06). Neither bikes cap wants to come off with my fingers wedged in the little opening! And once off can you get a funnel in there to top up the system??

many thanks in anticipation. thankyou

I always pushed one of the cap grooves with a blunt screwdriver to break the seal then it would wind out ok, same putting back on. I've got a few smallish bottles with long spouts on them for topping up oils/water etc that are hard to get to, got them from a model car shop, they're used for nitro I think

I always pushed one of the cap grooves with a blunt screwdriver to break the seal then it would wind out ok, same putting back on. I've got a few smallish bottles with long spouts on them for topping up oils/water etc that are hard to get to, got them from a model car shop, they're used for nitro I think

wow-thanks for the instantaneous response, and for being the first to reply to a mail of mine ''as a newbie, this site really is the biz. thanks again!

This site is indeed, "the biz"

Yeah the cap is wedged in there pretty good. The vent tube at the top won't spin so you're going against that friction and sometimes the CDI unit and the regulator get in the way of the cap coming off. If it really won't move you might have to make sure the CDI is pushed forward on its mount.(it just sits in a rubber band that holds it to a flat metal tab on the frame)

I also do the screwdriver trick to loosen it and then work at it to spin the cap off.

Long necked skinny funnel for me to fill.