Practice

redeye

Redeye

The Bradford Trials web site has a list of practice gounds and maps to get there on their information page.

Take a look at www.bradfordtrials.co.uk

I practice at Back Cowm in Whitworth near Rochdale which covers a huge area and has lots of different terrain.

Andy

The last website (that shall remain nameless) had a "Places to Ride" topic. Any chance of that being included in Trials Central?

The practice ground at Breakheart Quarry near Dursley in Gloucester looks very good. Anyone know if you you just show up and ride, or is it an offical practice area?

Same goes for the track you mentioned near Whitworth. Is it an official practice area?

Anyone know if the Flappit moor is still open near Howarth?

Thanks.

being some one involved (in a minor way) with mxtrax.co.uk let me put it like this

i seriously doubt any of you are doing this properly .....

is there a legal document that would stand up in court that absolves the owners of all responsibility upon injury in their property

yes and no - you need insurance (3rd part IIRC) to ride off road (as its still a public place under the road traffic act) AND the land owner (or promoter) needs public liability insurance. ie there is no such thing as a waiver saying "i won't sue". the real issue is the 3rd party cover against any one (walkers, etc) else rather than the riders as such.

ie you need to be paying *a* number per day that doesn't just go to the landowners back pocket

if you wanted to do it *properly* then perhaps

a) we (my club) just got a letter from ACU for official ACU practise event rates - there is a number for trials (haven't got it to hand) - anyway you could set up a club / use a club and run practise events - legally you'ld be covered...... etc, etc - you get the idea

:P you go to an insurance company such as Marsh and ask for their trials rates - similar to the above

- however realistically trials riders anoy few people, hurt even less so it impractical to go after such expensive / complex options as above

any questions fire away - we deal with this all the time on mxtrax with people wanting to set up mx practise tracks

rabie :snowman: