Tl 250 Float Height And Footpegs

mark1161

Two questions here :-

I have a manual of sorts for myTL 250 but it doesn't give me a float height and as I've just had to replace my original floats which had rotted through, I need this - can anyone help ??

Also - has anyone changed to wide footpegs ? do Hebo pegs or similar fit ? I don't want to go down the route of 'weld-on' parts as the frame paint is in reasonable nick

Thanks

Two questions here :-

I have a manual of sorts for myTL 250 but it doesn't give me a float height and as I've just had to replace my original floats which had rotted through, I need this - can anyone help ??

Also - has anyone changed to wide footpegs ? do Hebo pegs or similar fit ? I don't want to go down the route of 'weld-on' parts as the frame paint is in reasonable nick

Thanks

Float Height:

25mm when the float valve is just closed.

Procedure is:

Hold the carb with its main bore in a vertical position, so that the float arm tang will just close the flaot valve, without compressing the spring loaded plunger in the end of the valve. Measure the float height with an appropriate float level guage. Float height (distance between the carburretor body and the opposite edge of the float) should be 25mm (0.984 in)

I can't comment about the footrests as my TL is a works replica type so not an original TL250 frame. You can get weld on brackets so that you can fit modern Hebo style footrests.

Hope this helps,

Big John

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hy Mark

I fitted Hebos. You have to grind either the frame by 2mm with a small electric band machine (black&decker) as I did or the pegs. Otherwise they won't fold

I chose the frame, because now I can easily fit other new footpegs. I now bought in Italy some modern pegs for my Cota 4RT, 2cm more back, which I fitted on the Honda.

It is easier now to lift the front, but of course needs more forward leaning for narrow bends. But I quickly adapted an like it.

Hope it helps

Reagrds from Switzerland

Patrick

http://www.twnclub.ch/classic_trial_files/...files/honda.htm