Tyz 250 Oil Pump Adjustment

izzywithus

Hi all, I have a 1997 TYZ 250 "Scottish" with the steel tank and swing arm and road kit. It is not premix but has a gear driven oil pump and what I think is a second very small oil tank and pump which is wired into the loom.

The problem is that it is delivering too much oil. How do I reduce the the amount of oil it delivers? Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

Iain

Izzy,

You shim the pump to change the amount of oil it sends. It is a trial and error effort. I think you will find that most everyone here has removed the pump and is using pre-mix. With modern synthetic oils the mix is so different from 10 years ago that the pump no longer functions properly.

If you do a search there is a long post somewhere on specifically how to do the shimming.

Alan

Edited by Alan_nc

Iain,

Before you get to carried away with changing things lets see if we can get further advice from Feetup or Tony or one of the guys that does a lot of work on these bikes. There may be a reason on this particular bike that you want to keep the autolube - I really don't think so, but lets give the others time to chime in.

Alan

Here is a link to an advert for the original bike. Before you ask I am not the rider in the top middle!!!

http://www.trials.com.au/content/index.php...er&Itemid=6

The tank takes about 6l (not the 4.5 on the ad) there is also a de-compressor which I have never seen on a 2t before. The white box over the rear wheel is for the battery. The bike seems to be made up of parts from a 4GG motor and chassis etc with some 4ML parts to make life really difficult.

The autolube seems over complicated as it has 2 oil tanks and 2 pumps and is connected into the loom.

However, I have done 3 trials on it so far and it's great to learn on.

Cheers

Iain