What Bike To Buy (from Belgium)

luct4

Hello

i'am from belgium and wont to buy my first trial bike.

I have the choice between to bikes who are almost brand know and from the first owner. I dont know

what to buy and wont a little bit advice iff poussible.

Beta Rev 3 - 4 stroke model 2008

price 3.500

Hello

i'am from belgium and wont to buy my first trial bike.

I have the choice between to bikes who are almost brand know and from the first owner. I dont know

what to buy and wont a little bit advice iff poussible.

Beta Rev 3 - 4 stroke model 2008

price 3.500

OK

it's my first bike and i have to learn how to ride so i will go for the ReV 3 4stroke.

I hope that afther a wile the bike vill not be "to less powerfull" to play and enjoy

riding. I don't have the money to sell and buy a new bike every year.

Greathings

Luc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luct,

I have not ridden trials for over 20 years and I just decided to get back into it so I am faced with much the same dilemma that you are in. I too posted a thread asking for advice and got some great advice on here (check out the "Which 2010 Gasser" thread in Gas Gas specific thread) and see the advice I got :rolleyes:

There is also another thread in that section entitled "Why 250 over 300" or something like that and there is a lot of good advice in that one too,

I think you will find the power delivery on both bikes that you quoted very smooth but you would notice much more arm pulling power available with the Gasser.

Guess you need to ask yourself what you want to do with the bike. I want to try and re-find and develop my trial skills as apposed to just riding around over rough ground. Because of this I have opted for the more forgiving 250 and I know for certain that this will have way enough power for me.

You could also consider getting the Gasser and putting a fly wheel weight, head spacer gasket and change throttle cable arrangement on it which will certainly tame its power, then as you feel more confident you could remove these. There are some guys on here who bought 300's as their first bike and they love them but I used to ride a Fantic 240 and that was fine for me but I know that a new Gasser 250 will be an altogether different animal.

I toyed with the idea of getting a 280 but think the power delivery will not be like the 250, I think I have made the right choice and to be honest I even think a 200 would have been good also. I am a big guy and think the 250 will haul me around just fine... and easily put me on my a*** :D

At the end of the day Luct its upto you but I would recommend taking the advice of these guys on this site, they really know their stuff and are willing to share their knowlege. Let me know what you get and upload a picture :rolleyes:

I ordered my bike 2 weeks ago and only have to wait another 7 weeks for delivery, then I have to build it out of 3 boxes :thumbup:

Have fun, best of luck,

Kevo.

Poor Kevo, waiting weeks on end ! Then when you do get it, you really need to spend another week in the shed disassembling everything to lube it up and tune up the carby!

Then you will be totally happy and the wifey will be totally p****d! Get some waterproof grease, as you will need it! :rolleyes:

Hello guys

at this moment i'm riding with my Beta Rev3 4-stoke. It is really a fine bike for my.

I'm a beginner and the bike is not to agressive. The gasgas was 100% new but

the seller asked to much for the bike of 2005 (3000

• 2 weeks later...
Hello guys

at this moment i'm riding with my Beta Rev3 4-stoke. It is really a fine bike for my.

I'm a beginner and the bike is not to agressive. The gasgas was 100% new but

the seller asked to much for the bike of 2005 (3000

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys

yesterday i was riding on the track with a GG 280 txt. The difference in weight between the GG and my Rev3 - 4T is

verry big. My own weight 62kg prefere to ride the GG. It's easier to hop around than with the Rev.

I think i am going to sell the rev. and find a GG-2stroke.

Greathings

Luc