godzilla

Remove shock.

Apply Hammer.

Apply Hammer.

Replace Shock.

Sorted?

:rolleyes:

On a serious note....

You'll have to pop out the seals and on one side there will be a circlip style thing securing the bearing that needs removing. Take that out and hammer from the other side. Do it in reverse to reinstall.

I find sockets work well as makeshift 'drifts' to make sure you are knocking it out via the outer race.

Edited by tt5th

I may be totally daft in my perception, but in the bikes I had from at least '01 and 'o3 and possibly '05, it always seemed to me the lower shock mount was in rubber and had flex. I never took one apart as was as came from new. The parts book was in itself iffy, as it listed the top mount joint as I recall only. Never really figured all this out to be honest, yey there is still a possibility yours could be normal rubber rather than a ball joint! As I traded bikes , it was never an issue.

????

Not sure about the 03 , but the 09 I have, I took the bushings off of both sides and there was no circlip or groove for one on the bottom, there is a machined lip on one side so the bearing or bushing what ever you want to call it comes out the opposite side. I used a couple of sockets and a vise to press the old out and the new one in. Took about 5 minutes once the shock was off the bike.

If I remember right the 2010 had a little more room to get the shock out. Yes Copie I said 2010, get ready you know your going to want my hand-me-down !