Tlr 200.................should I Convert It?

johnnyboxer

Following all the recent TLR discussions, I 've been thinking??

I'm at a crossroads?

I have this TLR200 Reflex, which has done 6000 road miles and has been imported from California.

It's never been off-road and is in great condition, mechanically and cosmetically, however I was going to carry out a concours restoration of it this Spring, which would involve a stripdown and repaint (tank has some dents and frame paint has worn away at footrests)

Restoring bikes for classic shows is also a hobby, which I enjoy and I already have all the new genuine Honda plastics and parts to complete the job. It's registered and MOT'd and I ride it on the road in summer.

I've had the bike for 3 years already and it cost me

post-24-1104391819.jpg

Edited by Johnnyboxer

Looks too good to rip apart :wacko: have you thought about the rims? they look like Steel in the photo's.

I think you've got to decide how much pleasure you get out of it on the road vs how much it would give you as a full blown trials bike.

I would imagine there's more of a difference than meets the eye.

Good luck

Looks too good to rip apart  :wacko:  have you thought about the rims? they look like Steel in the photo's.

I think you've got to decide how much pleasure you get out of it on the road vs how much it would give you as a full blown trials bike.

I would imagine there's more of a difference than meets the eye.

Good luck

Thanks Marky,

I have already taken account of the rims (being chrome steel) that rechroming and spoking while i'm at it, so buying new gold anodised alloy rims and respoking would be a similar cost to the proper restoration of the originals.

Really you need to decide if you enjoy riding the Reflex in trials.............if you do then go ahead and rebuild it to trials spec, if not keep it as a trail bike .

Hi Honda RS,

I only ride it on the street and haven't tried it off-road.

I wanted your opinion on the differences between the Reflex and the TLR200R and whether it was worth the effort to convert into a Trials TLR, which wouldn't be a great hassle if the engine/frame/swinging arm were the same

OR which is the best Honda Twinshock of the 70's/80's era to buy.