Ohlins Shocker

nickgasgas123

I have a gas gas 09 125 with standard sachs shock on, whenever I have a go on my mates evo it feels like a Pogo stick compared to my bike. Is the ohlins shock much better than the sachs and is it worth 400 quid as I don't want to pay out all that money to realise it's not that much better than the sachs.

Thanks, nick.

I have a gas gas 09 125 with standard sachs shock on, whenever I have a go on my mates evo it feels like a Pogo stick compared to my bike. Is the ohlins shock much better than the sachs and is it worth 400 quid as I don't want to pay out all that money to realise it's not that much better than the sachs.

Thanks, nick.

Are you saying your mates Evo fels better being like a pogo stick??

IMO the Ohlins shocks are brilliant. I went from a standard Gas Gas (with suspension I really liked) to a Raga Rep with Ohlins.

The Ohlins feels soooo much more responsive, is plusher and gives more feedback and feel.

If u can get an ohlins then do it. See if you can ride a bike with one on first though, ideally ask if u can adjust it to suit you as u may not like as much as I did.

Never been a big fan of the Ohlins, the one good thing about them is that they are rebuildable, and therfore tunable, where the Sachs is not. The difference in the shocks will be apparent year to year as well as the settings are adjusted to reflect the "feel of the day". We have three Evos, and they all have Sachs shocks, but you said that your friends had an Ohlins; was it stock?

Spencer

• 2 months later...

I got Ohlins shock and want understand is it adjustable?

All it have is one bolt on the top and one on the bottom, so please somebody explain to me what is damping and preload? And what i don't need to touch :D

Thnx!

ohlins%20shock%20for%20GG%20Pro.JPG

Lian,

The cross head screw at the bottom of the damper alters the damping and affects both compression and rebound at the same time. The threaded collars (which lock together) can be moved up or down the body to adjust the amount of pre-load on the spring. The screw inside the hexagon locknut at the top of the shock should not be touched as this is where it is charged with gas. Cheers, Dave