Returning Rider

jonnybmac

I'm a 23 year old, and havnt rode a bike since I was 15-17. I had 2 years experience on a Yamaha TY250 and I'm wanting to get back into it. I'm desperate for a bike to jump on but would like to know what would be best for me? I managed the TY very well, although I dont know what I would be like these days. I'd be paired up with a rider on a sherco 290, who started riding the same time as me, but never stopped so has many years of experience now. I've always liked the sherco's, but with funding stretching to max

Edited by jonnybmac

I dont think i'm able to view classified, If, like most other forums you have to have posted a set amount before you can use it I assume.

As for the 04/05, I would be quite pleased if I could get my hands on one of those, although if theres not too many problems a 2002 would do me fine, as I would guess I'd only have it a few months till I save up enough for a newer model. i'd do that now and it would take less time It's just my patience to jump on a bike is runnning low and i just really want to get out and play, ha.

hi. where is this land? is anyone allowed to go there? I would definatly suggest starting out again on a 250cc machine. i would say that you should look at a few makes of machine,because for the amount you are spending you might find a beta or gas gas or wotever in better condition. the age you are looking for buy condition not make!

Yeah, thats why I said a decent 2002. The place Is an old shale tip, called Kilton Shale, next to a place called Kilton Thorpe. My friends dad used to own a farmers house right next to it. All the land you see is private, including the paths. We had permission to use it, and daily spent all our time in landrovers, cheap cars and our bikes just playing hide and seek or trying to get up new things. its a brilliant place but unfortunately my friends dad moved out a few years ago, and therefore going there now would involve a risk, but one I am willing to take! I can also go up to charltons at guisbrough which is rather local.

I've always had a negative look towards Gas Gas, considering both of my friends frames split and had to be welded up. The reliability on them seems abit poor from my personal view, although I could be wrong and would like to be stood corrected as they do seem an alright bike. I had a look at the beta rev3, and it looks abit heavy from watching a few videos of people on them.

Edited by jonnybmac

I dont think i'm able to view classified, If, like most other forums you have to have posted a set amount before you can use it I assume.

No such restrictions here - although you're not really a regular until you've fallen out with the Dabster at least once :chairfall:

Classifieds on TC are seperate from the Forums. Find them on the front page or directly here

im just getting back in to trials after 15 yrs ...... i have just got a gasser 250 txt 2000 model it seems to be easy to ride yet .....

i think it will put me in a fence if i over doo it but it is really easy to ride ......... dont get the 280 :)