4rt Best Result?

nigel dabster

not sure really, i travelled to alot of them in 2003, wasn't particually impressed with 7hours driving for a few twists and turns around trees. I still do the local ones, travers, presidents, allen etc. They are very good trials.

I suppose it would make sense to do a full series of them, but its time really, all my holidays are taken up getting saturdays off for the BTC and Europeans, to do alot of driving early sunday morning and late sunday night does not make good results. Found out the hard way.

Ouch!! The level of bitterness is amazing!  :ph34r: 

(PS)  How is the other 4 Stroke finishing? :hl:

The Sherco 3.2 4T is scheduled to start production on end of January and should be released to the Sherco Dealer network by February 20th.

[What a twerp I am, forgot to post it ;) ]

The mailnews from Sherco received today, I think adding another month to that date "shipping, customs, and re shipping across the US" we should be seeing some over this part of the world by the end of March.

Once everyone gets over picking faults with the bikes, (all mainly earsay) and more people start riding them in competition the dust will settle and it will be good for both brands having new fourstrokes competeting.

All the bull going about is just that! and until they get a few months behind them people naturally want to get there digs in if they ride something else, there is only one way to shut em up, let the bike do the talking.

We all take it personally when we see digs at particular brands, myself included, some do have merit, but most are tripe!! those who have been about long enough know what the score is, if the bikes are good then they will prove it.

Edited by ishy

OK Dabster,  You have made it clear time and time again that you have some kind of ass ache with Montesa and Sanifords, Please once and for all tell us  what happened to get you this way ??? YOUR MATE MADMAX ;)

The man has a legitimate question Nigel. Why won't you answer him?

Martin Belair

US Montesa

Edited by Martin Belair

I don't really think I need to wimp out I'm not really clear on the ass ache comment as to what madman means. I don't know anything about the American situation Martin and as I think you know I respect your handling of the Montesa importership in the States although if explainations are required on anything perhaps you will return the answer with your own explaination on how the 4rt appeared on your website first.

I do have some critisisms of Sandifords based on personal experience and the farcical pr on their handling of the launch of the new bike and delivery on/off dates to joe public. Why they take this attitude to their paying punters and dealers is beyond me, just one example would be that I had a brochure 2/3 weeks before them, and was sitting on a bike in a Spanish shop before they had one in the UK, why?

Montesas are not my favourite bike I just can't get on with them but that doesn't mean they are a bad bike and I have never said they were, in fact I said something like " they have the best suspension..." to someone only this afternoon. Since riding one at the BVM test day I have been honest im my comments and have certainly not slagged it off at all.

Sorry if it has been misinterpreted.

My question still remains the same why was there no 4rt's at the knut and the vic brittain and who apart from john Sunter are sponsored Sandiford riders?

Good luck to Dougie at Sheffield and my guess is if the bike is as good as is suggested he will win. Viva Doug Viva mont.

Thanks for your response Nigel/Andrew. Sorry to put you on the spot like that but, it does seem to me that you put Sandifords and Montesa under the microscope more than with any other UK importer. This is my impression and that of many others. Many people have also told me that you are a good guy and different from the impression that you give online.

I have a great fondeness for the Sandifords. They were supporting UK riders long before some of the other factories even existed. They have have supported their share of UK riders for 35 years. They have been generous to the sport and its riders in ways you will never know about.

Anyone can micro analyze the activities of a factory or importer and find some sort of grist for the mill. The point is that this I don't think that this does our sport any good. If you have a problem with anyone I suggest that you sort it out with them off line.

Now let's get back to enjoying our sport.

Martin