Swm Works Pipes

martinm

In amongst the van full of bits I collected from Italy last weekend were a selection of "works" modified front pipes.

The top picture shows a standard chrome finish front pipe with the modified ones either side. I had a quick attempt at fitting them on my bike, but both would need the fins removing from the head before fitting...which I might try at a later date.

IMG_7593.jpg

The third pipe fitted straight on my bike, and has a couple of extra bends before it hits the middle box, and looks similar to the production front pipe on the Jumbo 350's. It looks neater, but I cant say it runs any different.

IMG_7594.jpg

A nice little find there Martin.

I noticed the Aprillia clutch casing on the picture - would that be from the later water cooled Climbers?

Hi Steve

No, its from an 89 aircooled TXR (the purple/red one)....it allows you to use one finger on the clutch instead of the two hands required to use the standard set up.

Hi Steve

No, its from an 89 aircooled TXR (the purple/red one)....it allows you to use one finger on the clutch instead of the two hands required to use the standard set up.

Need to get out the dremel and spray can !

Hello Martin, Neat find. The chrome head pipe looks like a TL320 item. It would look great on my Schrieber 320 works replica which is nearly complete. As always, I am interested in buying works parts if you will part with it. Also, is the interior of the mid box on the modified pipe/silencer stock or modified? Does it have the perforated tube inside or has it been gutted and made into a sort of expansion chamber?,Cheers, Jim

Edited by Virginiatrials