Bemrose And Cops

eiger

My lad rode the Bemrose today and I observed and thoroughly enjoyed it too. The standard of riding on both sections I was involved with was unbelievable and one of the best rides of the day was Jonh Shirt Junior at the first section at Staden Quarry - a safety dab spoiled the smoothest ride of the day.

It was a good day out, however the Police were out in force and stopped a number of bikes, including a rider who was not only not in possession of a valid insurance certificate, but the bike was not registered and he only had a licence to drive a car and not a bike. As I understand it the only reason the bike was not confiscated was because the Police could not arrange recovery at that time.

In this day and age you cannot behave like that and deserve all you get.

The cop who stopped him then visited the start but his arrogant attitude and bullying nature did nothing to help and after being offered the chance to see the entry forms and list of officials he left although he seemed to change his attitude after a phone call to his boss, but the damage was done.

Some complaints had been made by a local resident who was annoyed that some bikes were not displaying a valid or visible registration plate.

Next week see's the Fisher trial and all competitors need to be ready for any machine examination and being stopped by the cops who after this weekend will no doubt be out in force.

Sad times but in many cases avoidable.

Pete.

As Rappers said in his collumn "easy pickings".

"The cop who stopped him then visited the start but his arrogant attitude and bullying nature did nothing to help" have you ever met one who wasnt?

When i complained about the local scumbags and scroats on the local playing fields and canal towpath on nicked bike i was told "have you ever thought of moving?" i replied "have you ever thought of getting off my property?"

You might pay their wages but as a house owner, registered keeper, community charge payer whatever youre on their data base and are an easy target and they know you wont give em any hassle unlike the scroats who stick two fingers up, most cant count any higher, and get away scot free as always.

Dissalusioned ? just read my "community charge bill" now theres a missnomer if ever i saw one. Yes i am !!!

and get away scot free as always.

Dissalusioned ? just read my "community charge bill" now theres a missnomer if ever i saw one. Yes i am !!!

community charge bill /scot free as always.

Just got mine and its

Old trials fanatic, yes I've met hundreds who are not arrogant bullies but are hard working decent people, I'm a cop with Greater Manchester Police and have worked for the force for 17 years, I've met some fellow cops who are arrogant and have a different perspective of life and the job than I do but they are a minority and I've also met and work with many decent cops who experience aspects of life that most people would not believe and do a great job in the face of adversity.

If a member of the public phones the Police to report an incident we are duty bound to investigate it whether it's someone littering or breaking into a house.

I have committed numerous offences on my trials bike before I was a cop and as the Addict states have learned from that, if you ride a trials bike on the road with no insurance, no licence etc etc you deserve whatever penalty is given. However, there lies another problem in that those of us who commit relatively minor traffic or other petty offences get hammered and suffer heavy penalties at Court.

But those who break into your house, attack you to steal your car or commit other similar serious offences get off lightly, the Law is an ass and common sense no longer prevails.

And in addition to that the Police also give the impression they are not interested, as a cop I was leaving hospital recently on a day off and my head was elsewhere at the time when a local well known drug taking/dealing burglar drove a team car (car used by a gang of lowlife) through the hospital grounds and almost ran me down, stopping at the side of me briefly.

As he passed me I saw a computer on the back seat so I phoned my own force and I might as well as not bothered as the response suggested they were not interested and as the rest of the public make similar calls and get the same response I wondered why people bother.

And on a different but similar note, a mate works for the Border Agency (customs), a female from Bosnia who looked to be around 45 years was arrested my me for stealing a purse belonging to a 75 year old lady after her handbag was dipped. The Bosnian had arrived in England six years previously but at the time had stated she was only 16 so she would benefit from lenient laws for the juvenile element of society.

However, Customs were not able or allowed to 'age' the woman as it was considered they would be biaised so only social workers could 'age' them and as they were not available 24 hours a day the immigrants are allowed to stay pending an appeal which can run to years.

If you want me to open your eyes to the real society we live in then PM me, looking where you live I believe we must know each other, but for you to slate all cops when you have not got a clue is wrong.

Pete.

As Rappers said in his collumn "easy pickings".

"The cop who stopped him then visited the start but his arrogant attitude and bullying nature did nothing to help" have you ever met one who wasnt?

When i complained about the local scumbags and scroats on the local playing fields and canal towpath on nicked bike i was told "have you ever thought of moving?" i replied "have you ever thought of getting off my property?"

You might pay their wages but as a house owner, registered keeper, community charge payer whatever youre on their data base and are an easy target and they know you wont give em any hassle unlike the scroats who stick two fingers up, most cant count any higher, and get away scot free as always.

I can't understand whingers who bemoan this and that and can never see the positives of our great country. if its that bad emigrate!