Painting The Header Pipe

neo

Has anyone painted a Sherco header pipe and made a success of it?

I'm looking at some VHT (760degF) high performance paint like this stuff - LINK ...but I really want a brush-on paint so it's easy to touch-up later. PPC do make some paints that don't leave brush marks.

Can anyone share there experiences and knowledge with me?

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Why would you want to, have you burnt off the chrome while cleaning out the header?

The Pipe looks taty now.

I can get the dents out with the ice treatment...but the finish will look bad unless I do something with it, or buy a new one.....any other suggestions?

Best of balance.

Neo

Yes that HPC stuff looks fantastic. But it's really getting away from what I'm trying to achieve.

Something that is easy to touch-up or repaint after it has been scratched....I'm really not worried about it being shinny. :P

Best of balance.

Neo

I'm pretty sure that the HPC coating shouldn't need touch ups due to it being very hard & from memory as a bonus the pipe should also keep the heat inside instead of transferring through to your leg. :P

The coating was developed to keep heat in the right places inside motors. Have a read up on it sometime as its been a long time since I did

• 2 weeks later...