Switched From Gas Gas To Beta

bricklane

Swapping bikes is always going to take time even if its the same manufacturer. A change of manufacturer just makes it taka a little longer for us run of the mill riders anyway. I can't see any tips being very useful just get out and ride as much as possible ; before the stator packs in :P

I went from a 2005 Gas Gas 280 Pro to a 2006 Beta Rev-3 and HATED IT to start with. I found putting the forks all the way down in the triple clamps so no fork tube at all is showing at the top of the triple clamps, putting set-back pegs (RYP half or full backs) and rotating the handlebars back towards me since they don't seem to be rotated forward like a lot of bikes to help them turn. I think all of this is because the Beta is more weighted to the front of the bike and the adjustments pull the weight back toward the rear wheel a little.

How are you getting on with the beta now? yes i find it heavier but i'm thinking it's got more to do with the engine characteristics as the gas gas had a more revier engine and the beta feels more tractable...will see how i get on with it like i said i've only been on it once so early days

thanks