Bike Test Day Mid Wales Cheshire

bikespace

Just thought I'd mention it for people in the mid-Wales/Cheshire area.

I was talking to someone at todays event, and three local bike dealers are doing a bike demo day on the 19th January. I believe the three dealers are David Jones, Steve Plain, and Wylie and Holland but I'm not definite on all of them yet, I need to do some ringing tomorrow, I was too busy dragging flags in to speak to anyone at the end of the trial.

I do know that the plan is to have the Montesa 4RT, the Sherco 4T, plus a load of Sherco/Gasser 2 strokes. I don't know if there are any other 2 strokes there.

If anyone fancies a ride, Graham Evans is the bloke with the details and taking bookings on 01686 625010.

Apologies for being a little vague, it's not straight from the horses mouth, but I think it would be a shame for local TC people to miss out on it if you are in the market for a new bike.

I'm not sure where it is yet mate, I sort of heard about it today, but got caught up doing the kids course then replacing an observer, then pulling the flags in.

When I got back down everyone had gone ;)

To be honest, I daren't go, 'cos I know I can't afford a new bike at the moment, but I know how it kills me when I get the bug. I think that's why I'm determined not to like the Montesa yet :ph34r:

I'll give 'em a ring tomorrow and let you know. I'll put something on our local site as well. I'd hate to think if someone's actually making the effort to push the bikes fairly locally that they didn't get some interest. I have to travel far enough for a bike shop as it is now.

I think they're using word of mouth at the moment.

Yeah I thought production was late January and delivery Feb some time. I'll try to find out the details tomorrow and let you know. The Sherco was the main bit that I wasn't unsure of though, it's supposed to be there.

Hopefully not another Montesa type hype then delay.

Yes, checked today, it is at the old quad centre, one mile North of Newtown Powys.

And, at the moment, the plan is still to have a Sherco 4T there, so we'll have to wait and see.

Has there been one anywhere over here yet? A prototype maybe?

Hi Guys

I can confirm that the Sherco 4T will not be there next week as full production of the bike hasn't started yet and MRS haven't received any yet.

As soon as we get some we will be running a Northern and Southern Open Day for people to try the bike, plus a number of dealers will be running Test Days.

Production should commence at the end of Jan early Feb.

Cheers

Carly

Not sure to be honest, but when I heard about it, my thoughts were that it was probably a good idea.

For people who are actually contemplating parting with their hard earned cash, an afternoon off probably doesn't seem too bad if they're going to actually get a good chance to try out the bikes.

Whereas on a weekend, every Tom Dick and Harry would probably turn up for a spin on the bike, and limit the time that the real interested parties would have to try them out.

That was just my take on it, I don't know how other test days have turned out.

Of course, it could be totally different reasons. It's probably easier to get MRS to help out on a weekday I would imagine?

Guessing really.....