Sphinx - Cheltenham Home Guard

rtm

Is anyone on here doing the Sphinx Long Distance Trial this weekend?

Has anyone done it before? A mate and I have entered on Honda C90's for a bit of fun, so dont laugh at us !

Are we going to get around?

Not that I mind if we dont really. But I would like to get a few 3's rather than just straight 5's.

Hi

I'm a member of the organizing club ,and will be out with the wife observing on a couple of sections. You obviously have a good sense of humour ,and i really look forward to seeing you both .

And i reckon you might even clean a few subs . Mind you if you leave foot boards on the c90,s you'll struggle to put your feet down at all . GO FOR IT and enjoy the day

cheers mike :rotfl:

A superb LDT organised by the Cheltenham Home GUard club, we always try to ride this one.

The rocky

gulley up to Aggs Hill Quarry will be tough but I think you should get around!

Here's a video staring the Secretary of the meeting named

(Sorry Sam :rotfl: )

Thanks guys. Were not sure how difficult this trial was going to be. We recently rode the cornwall centre end to end trial as most cornwall LDT's have a C90 class. We got around ok with only a few 5's even making it up the famous blue hills section for only a 3.

Our bikes are a bit purple helmet style with tele forks fitted.

See you on Sunday.

Well that was certainly a fabulous day! The easiest section was comparable to the most difficult we have tackle before. Buts still we had a laugh and were made to feel most welcome by everyone!

Mclarke - I believe you introduced youreself whilst I was upsidedown in a mudhole? Sorry I wasnt more curtious but was a bit embarrised at the moment in time.

Whens the next event !!!!

Oh yes - we missed a few sections as one of our bikes blew up. I nipped home, got the van and recovered the bike. We swapped engines and returned to the trial.

Must get more organised.

Thanks to all who helped on the day. Nic & Treve.

We had a superb day today on our Enduro 400's, people think we are a bit mad riding them when most choose Pampera's or Alp's but compared to you fella's we're really quite boring :D

Big respect for just getting the bikes around the course, you deserve a medal for that alone, never mind fitting a new engine on the way. :wall:

I had one five when I missed a marker in Nettleton Quarry and also failed the section with the gnarly roots at Middle Colgate Farm, other than that it was just odd one's.

I'm sure the winner will be clean, I guess a few will be on zero so the special test will be the decider but the story would have been a lot different had it rained.

Thanks to all at the Cheltenham Home Guard club, a well thought out sensible event as per normal. :)

Pete

Thanks to the CHG club for another great day out.

Oh yes - we missed a few sections as one of our bikes blew up. I nipped home, got the van and recovered the bike. We swapped engines and returned to the trial.

Great to see the C90s at the finish (I stopped to help when one of them expired) even if a few sections missed.

Entries for the Edinburgh Trial (in October) open around July if you want to try some sections in the dark....

Cheers.

Thanks Sam. We had a cracking day out and will be there for next year, hopefully with the full complement of fellow nutters. Although I believe the C90 thing has struck a cord with a few of you club members.