Suspension Linkage Bearing (washers)

steve1979

Hi guy's, can anyone help, i was replacing the dog bone bearings that also have 4 washers, 1 each side , however while i was at it i thought i'd grease the bearing in the lower part of the swingarm, when i unbolted the triangular shaped link i think there may have been a washer squeezed in each side as i have 6 now but on the pdf file i looked at, it does not show any washers next to the top hat bushings, am i losing my marbles or should they be there, i stripped it down a few days ago while i was ordering new bearings, and now i'm racking my brains to remember if they came from the front of the dog bones, on the pdf file it only shows 4 washers altoghether, any help would be greatly appreciated, she's a 2003 txt pro 250

Thanks in advance

Should have four washers with he dog bone section. and 1 which is the regulator washer at the rocker arm or triangular shaped peice.

so in all the whole thing has 6 washers hope that helps; Des

Thank you Des, yes that does help, it confirms my suspicion thats where they came from, i cleaned the grease from around the lower part of the swing arm and it shows signs of the washers sitting there, just got to wait for the new bearings to arrive then i can bolt it all back together again.

Thanks again

Steve

hmm, strange, i was rooting round looking at pdf files for bike's of different ages to see if the set up changed over the years, and the 2001 model shows the regulator washers on the rocker arm where mine was but only shows two washers on the dog bone links, mine is definatly a 2003 so how come the 2003 pdf does not show the regulator washers on the rocker arm. Strange