04 Sherco Clutch Wont Bleed

shercoman2k8

Back fill it from the bleed nipple, it helps push any air locks out.

Sometimes the seals swell stopping the oil getting through to the piston, this happens if you use the wrong oil, use DOT 4 only.

Tried back filling, seems impossible, so much resistance and I cant figure out why. Maybe the seals have swollen, im using DOT 4, not sure what was used before...

Gday, if it wont back bleed you have either a blocked transfer port in the master cylinder (the very small hole closest to the inner end of the m/c), or something is preventing the piston in the m/c from fully returning to the circlip. This will also block off the transfer port. It also pays to remove and check the bleeder nipple is not blocked, especially if it missing the rubber cap. You will only get swollen seals if you have put oil in a brake fluid system or vice versa. As far as I know Sherco's dont use oil, only brake fluid.

Cheers,

Stork

It sounds as though your master cyl piston is not returning fully enough to open the backflow port. This may be due to dirt and or corrosion so disassembly and a re-build kit may be needed.

You may be surprized what is under that rubber boot! :thumbup:

Haven't had time yet, trying to sort my own two bikes out to sell so I can pay for this new 2010 gasser. Will try next week sometime :P

Oh Feck, well you better belly up to finding even more time to fix things then! You may well need it! ;)