Sy250 Fuel Tank And Ethanol

ritcrider

Hey all

I can remember reading somewhere that the 10% ethanol pump gas etches the scorpa fiberglass tank and causes the pilot jet to clog. I sort of ignored it as possibly another internet urban legend but low and behold my bike would not run without the choke on last time I started it. I removed the carb, the float bowl had lots of flotsom in it. it sort of looked like small pieces of cotton balls floating in the fuel. Pilot jet was clogged. I emptied my fuel tank and there was quite a bit of white colored fibers floating in the fuel. Have any other scorpa owners seen this issue from pump gas? I guess I could use VP fuel but it is not alwasy readily available and expensive. If I did go this route, what blend VP fuel should I be using? I also thought about adding an inline fuel filter (May help but most likely that would clog) when running pump gas. It would most likely be better if I drained the tank after use and running the carb out of fuel. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Since when are these tanks fiberglass? ;)

Well OK then.........I guess you told me........ it is some sort of plastic but that is not really the point. No one has really answered my question. Has anyone else seen this issue with 10% ethanol pump gas? And if so, what did you do about it? I really don't want to be cleaning my carburetor after every ride.