Sad News

copemech

It is with great regret that I announce the passing of Allen Guyot from KS. age 53.

Allen was a personal friend of mine from the trials scene, and a great guy that held much history in both national and regional levels dating back to the 80's as best I figure, possibly beyond, yet far beyond my time in the trials game. A very skillfull rider whom often dominated events ! Such a great fellow rider and promotor of trials!

Reports are that he passed in his sleep prior to the event in OK last weekend.

He will be missed by many, my comments are but a pittance! Gods Speed Allen! I will miss you! :D

Edited by copemech

Here's Allen's obituary from the Wichita, Kansas newspaper website:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansas/ob...p;pid=142475373

From the club's website at avtatrials.com:

AllenGuyot1.jpg

Allen Guyot

The Ark Valley Trials Association is sad to announce the loss of one of the cornerstones of our club. Allen Guyot passed away Saturday, May 1st in Tishomingo, Oklahoma. He was there to compete in the 1st two rounds of the NATC National Trials Series. Allen had served as the AVTA

Edited by grooster

Awful news. I am very sad that we have lost such a very good guy! I new Allen from my days with Fantic in TN, and saw him many times at both Central Regional events, Nationals and he was always at the Ute cup. My deepest condolences to his family.

Steve

A True friend and lover of Trials.. He will be greatly missed ! Our deepest sympathies to his family !

I rode alot of events with allen in the 90's and he was a very fun guy to compete and joke around with .. God Bless and Safe Journey Allen !!

The Commo Family

Edited by Ron

Awful news. I am very sad that we have lost such a very good guy! I new Allen from my days with Fantic in TN, and saw him many times at both Central Regional events, Nationals and he was always at the Ute cup. My deepest condolences to his family.

Steve

It was a big shock to all of us. I talked with Allen when he got to the event Friday afternoon and he was in his usual good humor and really looking

forward to riding, as he always was.

Whenever I saw Allen pull up to an event, the Ute Cup, an AVTA club Trial, the CRTC series or any Trial, I always had the feeling that the event is

now going to be just a little bit better than it otherwise would be, and that feeling was never wrong. He made a positive contribution to my life and

his presence will be missed.

Jon