Trials Around Thames Valley/surrounding Area?

_g_

Looking to get out to play on my new (to me) Beta. I know Ixion run trials not to far from me (I'm in Reading), but unfortunately their next one clashes with the south reading mcc H&H I was planning to do (both on a Saturday too!) SRMCC also runs one trial a year I believe, but that's some way off now!

Any other clubs I should be looking at? - Of course also interested to hear about general places to practice.

Try North Berks @ http://www.northberksmcc.com/

They have a practice session on 12th near Didcot.

Also Mortimer Classics run 'fun' trials which are open to all. This is a ideal practice session on a good piece of land very close to Reading. Sections are marked entry and exit only. Groups tend to go around together and mark themselves on their own route.

http://www.mortimerclassicmcc.co.uk/

Excellent - very useful info, cheers!

Think I'll try and head up on Wednesday evening for the practice - do you know, off hand, when it runs to and if it's ok to get there late? - Probably be about half six or a bit later by the time I've got home from work, then got the van out.

Could see if I can leave earlier, but usually am busy Wednesday lunch times, so it's a bit cheeky to leave early as well.

You can get there any time though it can get a bit busy later. North Berks are a friendly and easy going crowd and some well known and expert riders practice there as Seymours Arena is purpose built for trials and the only rock steps in the area.

I usually get there early and leave around 7pm but I suspect the site is open until much later/dusk.

Cheers monoped - lots of useful details there. Only thing I couldn't find details on is 'Reading' - do you mean South Reading MCC by that? Unfortunately, as ever, searching for

• 1 month later...

Went to the Mortimer 'fun trial' today - nice selection of stages. Definitely be returning as it's just over ten minutes away from me!

For the person who gave me some fuel - cheers again and it's 'seymors arena' with northberksmcc that was the trials practice area I was talking about.

This is the trials practice place you were talking about I presume - http://www.theoldquarry.co.uk/ .

hello , glad you liked the mortimer fun trial { i am the bloke with the petrol can }

see you again in july. went to the old quarry again on sunday , good place, friendly owner.