Sammy Miller Or Wes Exhaust For Tlr200 Opinions Wanted

newtotrials

I recently picked up a very nice Honda TLR200 for vintage trials. Rode my first trials with it last weekend and the bike worked great. Compared to my TY175 though it is certainly down on power.

The bike currently has the stock exhaust system in very good condition. I'd like to try one of the aftermarket exhausts. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the system sold by Sammy Miller. It is this one:

http://www.sammymillerproducts.co.uk/795

I was originally considering a WES exhaust but the SM system is considerably less expensive. I also like the look a bit more than the WES.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I recently picked up a very nice Honda TLR200 for vintage trials. Rode my first trials with it last weekend and the bike worked great. Compared to my TY175 though it is certainly down on power.

The bike currently has the stock exhaust system in very good condition. I'd like to try one of the aftermarket exhausts. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the system sold by Sammy Miller. It is this one:

http://www.sammymillerproducts.co.uk/795

I was originally considering a WES exhaust but the SM system is considerably less expensive. I also like the look a bit more than the WES.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

The miller one is a DEP , easier to fit than a WES, have you noticed the price is less VAT,

the best off the shelf system is the Delkavic one

• 4 weeks later...

I have just bought a Delkevic system from Trials-Direct.com, and I have to say, it is a beautiful piece of work, and so light!

I fitted it on this afternoon and although I was concerned initially, all the holes lined up perfectly and it fits very neatly - it even has the little bracket should you wish to retain the OE head shield on the header...

It does sound a bit louder (and raspier - is that a word?) than the stock pipe, and I can't say I've noticed a considerable change/improvement in power delivery, but I need to clean and tweak the carb settings on the bike anyway as it had been standing a while before I bought it... but it looks fantastic, weighs nothing and certainly is an improvement over the rusty old OE pipe that was on the bike!

This is what it looks like fitted:

DSC00358.jpg

Loverly!

J xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted it on this afternoon and although I was concerned initially, all the holes lined up perfectly and it fits very neatly - it even has the little bracket should you wish to retain the OE head shield on the header...

Just a question. I presume you bought the complete assembly including the front pipe? I was thinking of just getting the muffler assembly and hooking it up to my front pipe. Any idea of how much weight saved by the muffler? And the total assembly?

Do you think it's worth getting the entire assembly or will the muffler be sufficient?

OK, that's 3 questions :rolleyes: Thanks again for the review and the time to answer my questions!

Does anyone know of a spark arrestor for any of the exhausts (DEP, WES, or Delkevic exhausts) discussed in this thread? They are strictly enforced in several areas that I ride. From the looks in the photos, the DEP system might accept the slip on spark arrestors produced for modern bikes like my Gas Gas, but I don't see any dimensions listed for the muffler outlet so I am just guessing.

Thanks in advance,

Matt