Fantic 200 Gearbox Problem

johnh

I asked a similar question a couple of months ago (mine is slipping out further up the range) here and other places. Not a single suggestion anyware, everyone just says the gearbox never goes wrong. I still haven't split mine yet, it's a bit difficult on crutches :thumbup:

Mine started jumping out of 2nd gear when under strain then every gear, I striped it and found ball had come out under selector drum. Don't know how this can happen. before I strpped it I was told drum some times rounds off a bit where selector runs. The only other problem could be weak slector spring or badly worn selector. Strip it and have a look, your probably find it obvious when looking in ! and let us know for future reference :thumbup:

Could be as simple as a bent selector fork, or missplaced shim.

Or as bad as a champhered gear broken teeth. check the selector first , but its always worth having the motor apart to see if anything else needs doing.

And remember if something has fallen of ,its gone somewhere.

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking about generally tidying the bike up over next winter but as it would seem I've got to split the cases I might as well do the rest as well. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I will be rebuilding my 200 soon. I need to get it started first(free gift) but if I have any problems with the box I will be stripping it myself and I will give you an idea how to go about it.

I will be rebuilding my 200 soon. I need to get it started first(free gift) but if I have any problems with the box I will be stripping it myself and I will give you an idea how to go about it.

Good oh. With pictures? <_<:crying: