Goop - Anygood?

graeme67

Hi Anyone used GOOP for trials bike? Its a green stuff you put in the tube which stays liquid until a puncture, then it plugs holes. recommended by the (road) bike shop, but I am not sure as I change tyre pressure, and am sure the stuff would foul the valve....anyone used it?

Cheers

Graeme

I tried using something similar when chasing a leak that only occured while riding & it does clog the valve- escaping air must be a leak. Also makes a disgusting mess when you want to change tyres

A friend and myself use FUG IT which is the same type of product. It works very well and stops all the little leaks and punctures. I have had no problems with valve leaks but I suppose it is possible. A spray with the hosepipe cleans out the mess when changing tyres.

I use DR Sludge every time I change my tyres. Most of us haven't got the time to be taking tyres on and off trying to cure a minimal leak from the spokes and rim tape. You can scoop it out and stick it in the new tyre too. If it fouls your valve then just blow it through with the air compressor.