Dave Cooper Push Bike Rack That Fits Into Trials Bike Rack Mounting...

pipster

I bought one of those a couple of years ago, quality piece of kit. By adding a couple of hooks on the front side of the frame to carry a bike between the car & the posts it'll carry five bikes. I've also had a bracket made to fix the rack to the garage wall so that the bikes can be hung up when not in use.

Sorry to break the news mate, but you have more money than sense.

10' of scrap 40mm box section and any welder would have knocked that up in ten minutes for the price of a pint!

I was waiting for ****e comments like that...I don't weld or have a zinc plating facility ...and if you think a total price of

I think that if you have the Dave Cooper towbar setup that the conversion is a good idea and I may do it myself, but.........

You were waiting for the above comments because you had thought it yourself! You don't have to be a welder yourself (welding and welders are commonplace) nor do you need to zinc plate as a coat of hammerite etc is plenty good enough and you probably have a can already in the garage. 40mm box section is cheap as chips even if you had to buy new, so all it needed was a bit of imagination, finding a welder and a few hours work to save a lot of money - is all I was saying!

It was the more money than sense comment that grated :rolleyes:

If you have all the above and the tools needed then yes you could save yourself a good

Edited by pipster

It was the more money than sense comment that grated :o

I can understand you being grated about that, cause if you had more money you would have at least one decent push bike, unlike the heaps oh pish on show :rolleyes:

I can understand you being grated about that, cause if you had more money you would have at least one decent push bike, unlike the heaps oh pish on show :rolleyes:

:o Your spot on pal you won't see me waste loads of money on something you have to pedal ....