Wrong Head Steady On C15?

mcman56

I purchased a project C15 (1960) with no head steady and then bought one off of eBay. The one I purchased has a flat bar to connect head to frame clamp but it did not seem to fit so I used a simple spacer. It all fits together but is too wide and interferes with the gas tank. Is this the wrong head steady? Could someone describe what the correct one would look like? It looks pretty simple to make....maybe just longer where it attaches to the head. See the picture.

headsteady.jpg

Edited by mcman56

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

Charlie,

I'm now trying to start the bike with the Keihin. I have gotten a few "pop, pop, pop"s and one with maybe 7 pops but she does not start. lean maybe? timing a little retarded? There has been no spitting back through the carb and no kick back. Do you have a starting routine to recommend for the Keihin? I know my TLR200 wants to be started a certain way. I have zero experience with British bikes and just put this one together so it could be something else.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by mcman56