Newbie Ayrshire

high_fiver

well after reaching my mid forties i thought it was about time to put my feet up (excuse the pun)

and have another go at trials after a 20 year absence so i bought myself a Gas Gas 250 two years ago

(a mid life crisis 250 as my wife calls it )

with the intention doing a few local events, but like all the best laid plans the banana skin was just round the corner

i became a father again so all the free time i thought i was going to fill with the trials bike just disappeared

so here i am two years later my youngest is up and about ...kind off and iv'e now been given the green light

to get back out again .....so im looking some easy local trials or practice areas just so i can get back into the swing of things

any help or pointers would be great

Cheers :rolleyes:

In Ayrshire the Dalmellington club and the Stevenston club both organise good trials I can recommend either of them and they have a joint series every year which caters for all levels of rider, Stevenston have their own website and you can get all the information on that. Hope this helps.

Hi Fiver

If you are looking for a place to practise legally, you should have a look at Totherick Quarry (KA3 4EH) just off the road between Dunlop and Neilston.

This is where the 'Bob McGregor Trials Academy' centre will be based, run by local trials rider Ian Shankie and will provide all levels of riders with somewhere to practise.

All planning permmisions are in place for the development of the site and Ian is currently trying to secure funding for further development (parking,toilets, changing, workshop space etc),

Ian has a five year plan to make this into a top trials venue capable of hosting a British Championship event, there is going to be a small charge and all monies taken will be used for continued progress.

For further information Ian Shankie can be contacted on 07831 681 728 or call Graham Ferguson of Mickey Oates Motorcycles in Glasgow on 0141 332 7374

Hope to see you there someday

John